Me, a Biker...!!! Really...???

• 2 Replies

Offline KK

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Me, a Biker...!!! Really...???
« on: July 03, 2018, 07:10:32 PM »
Me, a Biker...! Really...???

When I fell down from our beloved LML Vespa sometime during 1994-95 without being able to place my foot on the ground and my body below the wheels of bullock cart, I had no idea I would be trying out biking as interest more than 20 years later.

This pretty much reveals that I was just a commuter on two-wheels thinking they are made to move from one place to another, completely missing the mantra the bikers chant, two-wheelers moves the soul.

But you know, once I started with biking, I was reminded of Tom Hanks mega running in the movie 'Forrest Gump'  without even caring as to why he was doing so, such is the beauty of biking. You don't need a reason to ride.

Ok, getting back, I loved riding the LML Vespa during my school days, for our family had not one, but three LML Vespa's all in White colours. I loved the crazy torque it had. Eventually, all these Vespa's were sold for reasons I don?t recollect now. Wish I had some bikers mind that day to stop selling at least one Vespa, which would have been a classic piece by now.

Moving to Bangalore for studies I had no two-wheeler to ride, that continued for 5 years till I finished B.Com, so naturally I was not so drawn towards the two-wheeler but I was a car guy, trying out every car I could from the 118NE during school days to Ambassadors, Sumo and even a Lorry couple of times.

Further time during my employment was spent with my dad's TVS Victor and later with my BILs Honda Unicorn without ever worrying on anything related to bike, just as a means of transport. How sad!

That was the time I started following Team-BHP to quench thirsty of my car related news and somehow started casually reading bikers' stories, their bikes, pics, ride stories, DIYs, gears etc etc., which slowly ignited two-wheeler interest in me, which led me into buying my own bike. Listen, Dominar is the first bike which I have bought in my name, all others till then were only used by me, owned by others.

Again, buying Dominar is a story by itself, from trying to get hold of a used Karizma to getting a new TVS Apache, to getting a new FZ25, to getting a non-ABS Dominar and finally buying a ABS Dominar, phew, so many twists, no surprise, at least I was started to like the twists like how a biker does, even before owning one.

DOCB - yeah the best thing to happen with Dominar is DOCB. Just don't know how I got so well connected with these crazy bunch of people, the 1.5 years just seems like time flew, with meets, gupshups, planning for the rides, riding with pride, wow, it has been surreal experience.

I will park this topic for the time being, think I am getting a home call, but will be back here with some more boring stuff on this.

Yours, KK

Offline DC

• +1/-0
  • One Life Live It
    • View Profile
Re: Me, a Biker...!!! Really...???
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »
KK so far so good , Yes we riders do evolve as we ride, share and experience. Buying a bike ? Yes it's a nightmare with so many options and suggestions, but I think everyone here did make the right choice. DOMINAR yes because of this machine we have met and become a Brotherhood else we would have not existed here today. Met you couple of time keep riding keep exploring. Goodspeed.

Offline rohit_barui

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Me, a Biker...!!! Really...???
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 07:44:00 AM »
I must say that your decision to finally settle at an ABS version from any manufacturer is a good choice. The best part, you never gave up and that's what makes us hardcore fans of 2 wheels.