Mileage issues

• 5 Replies

Offline puneeth

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Mileage issues
« on: June 11, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »
Hello friends,

I am getting low mileage in city and in highway.

--In city-20
--Highway-25

I have taken all precautions what need to be done. I will lube monthly twice and will check air monthly once. Even if I ride at low rpm also I won't get more than 20 in city.
Have tried HP,indian,indian premium but there's no difference in mileage.

This is 8 Months old bike

Please advice.

Offline Prajeesh

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Mileage issues
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »
1. What is the average speed you maintain in city and highway rides?.
Experience: My bike is 1.3 year old and i am getting around ~27Kmpl in city traffic and ~31-32 in highway rides. I think the speed you maintain during your ride and your riding style matter a lot to get good mileage. I used to maintain around 50-60kmph speed in city ride (daily i will ride around 42kms) and 80-100kmph in highway rides. Also most of the time i will try to avoid traffic lights and too short junction roads to avoid too much gear shifts, brakes and turn off>>turn on situations. This observation is from a personal experience and may subject to change person by person.
2. Which brand petrol you are using regularly?.
Experience: Till now i have used Shell Petrol(Normal), Shell V power, IOC, BP, Reliance. Out of this Shell was used 90% of the time and 90% of the time it was from the same petrol pump. So far Shell petrol had given a good mileage and Reliance comes second. Shell V power used some time but only think i observed is that the bike becomes smooth. No special change in the mileage. I believe this regular maintenance with petrol could be one of the reason why i am getting a good mileage. Try using a good petrol and try to use one brand and one dealer regularly if you use your bike for daily rides or say office ride. For regular trips try to stick with one brand petrol. 

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »
Same here

I get 25-27 in city
If maintained a good speed average 70-80 then 30-35 highway

Offline Nelsdias11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:24:47 PM »
Hi Puneeth,

20kmpl in city is actually less, compared to what we usually get 23 to 27 for most of the people
apart from riding conditions, there are few things which may affect the mileage
1. Air Filter - get this checked if you feel like your mileage is coming down day by day
2. chain slack - shoudn't be too tight/too loose, also check the alignment, it should be perfect
3. Tyre Pressure - if its less than 25F and 28R, it will result in less mileage (maintain 29F and 32R)
4. Update the ECU and try

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
I felt this depends on how you ride. It's been different for me during different ride

Offline puneeth

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »
Thank you guys for your suggestions,
Will update ecu and get back with a review