Dominar Accessories

Coolant issue / Coolant leaks on Dominar 400

• 44 Replies

Offline Sri

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant issue / Coolant leaks on Dominar 400
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 08:09:24 PM »
I've been following this forum for some time and this is my first post. I'm was planning to buy Dominar, but waited for those vibration related issues to be addressed (believe now it is fixed via some ECU update - correct me if i'm wrong). Now, this coolant issue. I think I'll have to still wait for this issue to iron out and they fix this in their production line.  :(

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2018, 09:43:17 PM »
Hello Sri,

Vibration is still there even after ECU update. However it will not irritate you much I have heard that new bikes (2018) which are much refined in terms of vibration compared to the old ones.
Coolent issue yes it is a pain but not all bikes have them. We are around 650+ in our group where only 15-20 bikes have this problem....

Offline Nelsdias11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been following this forum for some time and this is my first post. I'm was planning to buy Dominar, but waited for those vibration related issues to be addressed (believe now it is fixed via some ECU update - correct me if i'm wrong). Now, this coolant issue. I think I'll have to still wait for this issue to iron out and they fix this in their production line.  :(

Hi Sri.. The coolant issue is not there with every bike.. In this forum we are very transparent in mentioning Pros and Cons..
Overall its a wonderful bike.. Please ask you if you have any queries unanswered in this forum.. We are here to help you.

By the way I am a very happy owner of Dominar for more than a year.. You can find my posts on pros and cons. Hope to see you as part of DOCB if Dominar ticks all the check boxes of your requirement

Offline Sri

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2018, 12:22:21 AM »
Hello Sri,

Vibration is still there even after ECU update. However it will not irritate you much I have heard that new bikes (2018) which are much refined in terms of vibration compared to the old ones.
Coolent issue yes it is a pain but not all bikes have them. We are around 650+ in our group where only 15-20 bikes have this problem....

Thanks bro. I currently drive 2012 RTR 160 which is notorious for vibes around 50-70kmph, So even if Dominar has vibes, it is not a deal breaker for me  :)

Offline Sri

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2018, 12:26:37 AM »
Hi Sri.. The coolant issue is not there with every bike.. In this forum we are very transparent in mentioning Pros and Cons..
Overall its a wonderful bike.. Please ask you if you have any queries unanswered in this forum.. We are here to help you.

By the way I am a very happy owner of Dominar for more than a year.. You can find my posts on pros and cons. Hope to see you as part of DOCB if Dominar ticks all the check boxes of your requirement

Thanks bro. I've locked up on Dominar for around 6 months and I've been reading every data from this forum. Will keep you posted if I need info on anything specific  ;D

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »
People who have coolent issue kindly register Google form

Data requested by Baja as per Khivraj kasturba manager

Offline KK

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
People who have coolent issue kindly register Google form

Data requested by Baja as per Khivraj kasturba manager
Rafiq Bhai, can this link be put outside here, in public

KK

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 03:09:28 PM »
Got a call from Khivraj Kasturba they wanted to try and replace my engine bore and piston.

Offline Nelsdias11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »
Rafiq Bhai.. That makes all the parts are changed.
We really hoped they found the better solution by pinpointing the cause the coolant drain..
Its really unfortunate that the bike used fixed on trial and error basis. Hope this time the issue resolves and you can have a peaceful touring experience.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 10:27:04 PM »
Yeah same here. Once it's fixed I can go on a peaceful ride without coolent in my bag. Waiting for Saturday 🤲

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »
Hello everyone :)

Last time after they had changed my bikes engine case coolent went down below after 700k. Today when they opened engine, no trace of coolent was found inside the engine (little hope of light😃). Today they replaced engine bore and piston... Till date they changed every part through which coolent flows... Crossing fingers now 😬. Will do a 200km test tomorrow and will update you guys.

Offline Nelsdias11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2018, 10:55:57 PM »
Hello everyone :)

Last time after they had changed my bikes engine case coolent went down below after 700k. Today when they opened engine, no trace of coolent was found inside the engine (little hope of light😃). Today they replaced engine bore and piston... Till date they changed every part through which coolent flows... Crossing fingers now 😬. Will do a 200km test tomorrow and will update you guys.

Rafiq bhai.. Awaiting a update from you on the issue.. Hope its fixed this time..

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2018, 07:47:58 AM »
Nelson bhai,

Coolent came down rapidly for first 100 km then after top-up it's still there 100-180km done after top-up and it is still there... Let's wait for 1000 km to confirm this 😍😍🤩🤩

Offline Vivek

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:01:21 AM »
Does this same problem exists with 2018 model also, if so what is to be done done to fix this.?

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Today at 10:22:54 AM »
Never heard about this problem in a 2018 model bike... Most of us started to notice this after 9000 ODO that was on 2017 model.

There is no pakka answer for what has to be done coz there can be different reason for coolent consumption for different bike as below...

1. Your coolent motor seal is faulty
2. Your radiator pipes is faulty
3. Your radiator lid or its leaking somewhere in radiator
4. Your engine head gasket is weak
5.  Split engine casing and applied some glue I and fixed it back suspecting leak somewhere in joints.
6. Something wrong with your engine head.
7. Something wrong with your engine.