Coolant issue / Coolant leaks on Dominar 400

• 42 Replies

Offline Sangeeth G

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant issue / Coolant leaks on Dominar 400
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »
Rafiq bhaai,

Did Giri - The Engineer, give any update on the same ? Were they able to figure out the root cause atleast now ?

Offline rohit_barui

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 01:03:41 PM »
I am not sure if this will work on the Dominar or even if this option exists but, nevertheless.

There should be a thermostat or a sensor that is set to control the coolant flow into the radiator at a certain temperature. Now, this is already known that the engine temp is normally between 96-104 degrees. I kind of feel that the sensor on your bike is set to a higher temperature because of which the coolant is evaporating even before hitting the control threshold. Probably could explain why you are losing oil quickly with no signs of leakage.

You have tried everything else, give this a thought. Another option to check this is to do a Pressure test, fill in the normal coolant, run the engine at say 4k rpm or above and force air into it, its risky and I am not sure if Bajaj can help but if there are leaks u can identify it and this will also give you an idea on the sensor functionality.

Let me know if it works.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
Thanks bhai. Will get it checked.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 05:18:21 PM »
No Sangeeth. He has asked me to come on Monday.

Offline cyruss

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 11:16:43 PM »
My Dominar is currently at 32k kms. I face the same issue for last 10000kms approx. I did topup twice and later was also been told it was due to heating and outside temperature but it didn't work like that. I drained out completely and refilled it with Motul motocool hybrid coolant. It costed me Rs. 500 approx to refill 1.2L and now I'm at 1.5k kms done with it so the drain is pretty less like it was before. The main reason would be the coolant is mainly distilled water which evaporates and I think the stock one was much better quality than the one we are refilling or topping up. I suggest you guys try doing this and see if it works as a good solution. It worked for me but still I'm testing it for now at 1.5k kms.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 05:23:50 AM »
Thank you bhai for the reply.

For 1.5 km how much has it drained with Motocool?

Coolent grade used varies on different bike model depending on cc. We have a main tank for coolent which has around 750 ml in it, if stock one is good quality then again it must take years for it to drain as reservoir tank has 250 ml only and it started draining for me from 9000 km and was very fast after that... There is something else which is causing this need to find that.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
Today Giri from bajaj while inspecting my bike found coolent particles mixed with engine oil inside clutch casing and they have decided to give a last try by getting my engine down and to change oil pump seal and apply paste between the engine casing. Will keep updating here

Offline rohit_barui

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 05:10:45 PM »
 I Don't understand how the coolant is reaching the clutch plates when Almost everything including the engine gasket has been changed!  Also, why was this not checked prior? If they did check it, there seems to be poor judgement and no respect towards the customer.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 05:59:19 PM »
May be they did not do it properly and are doing it again now

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 07:40:09 PM »
Today they opened my engine again and cleaned my engine properly and replaced pump seal and head gasket.  applied bond between engine casing and fixed it back. Tomorrow they will fix head assembly and afternoon I will go for a trial.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 03:27:58 PM »
Yesterday after lot of inspection they found that my engine case is faulty. They are replacing it now. Once done will go for a run and check.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »
They (Khivraj head Majeed) took my bike for testing for 60 km but what I noticed was that the coolent level when they started and came back was same 🙈 that means that when the engine cools down the level will come down again. They (Giri from Bajaj and Khivraj team) have requested me to keep a track on it and update them😒 so no verdict given yet 🤦‍♂

Offline DC

• +1/-0
  • One Life Live It
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »
Yes Rafiq Bhai as per what I know once it bike starts the coolant starts to circulate. I hope they fix this issue soon. Good luck bro.

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 09:38:03 PM »
Coolent is still coming down...am waiting for it to come down under minimum at upright position

Offline Rafiq

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 09:50:46 PM »
Guys wat about others..have u guys tried everything or where are you... wanted to know if u guys tried anything new