Dominar Accessories

Walking down the DOCB memory lane... Run up to the WMD 2017

• 3 Replies

Online KK

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Walking down the DOCB memory lane... Run up to the WMD 2017

Whenever I write any ride stories/travelogue (I seldom write, but when I do), I give as much importance to the planning or pre-ride stage as much I cover the ride part also, trying to give minute details of how the planning was done. Reason being, the planning stage gives a 'high' to me and keep me in the same 'high' whenever we move from the planning to the ride stage. I love that feeling.

It is like, we a bunch of 'mad' bike/car people enjoy the prepping up of the bike, doing DIYs, mods, all bike talks, as much as the ride itself. Wow, enough of gyaan let me get into the topic.

Right now I see lot of action, enthusiasm, 'highs' in our DOCB group, it just took me back a year when we attended the WMD 2017 with over 50/60 DOCBians in our maiden WMD run.

When the WMD 2017 was announced, most of us DOCBians had no clue what was WMD to start with, and how such a big ride with 1000+ bikers would be conducted and handled. We started preparing for the ride.

Many people in the group were trying to do something for the big ride. We planned for the DOCB Tee in a jiffy, designing the Tees, running a poll in the group to select the best Tee, ordering and getting it done in a short span, everything just went about like it was to happen that way.

Initially I had agreed to be a volunteer for the WMD team and attended a volunteer's meet in the 6kiom and believe me it gave out a big hint to me that the organisers were quite serious of how the WMD should be conducted and it was a well-planned event.

Later, some of us DOCBians wanted to meet and discuss over the table to plan for the ride and when I checked with 6kiom for using their place for our meets, they happily agreed. Not sure if I remember who all had met, but its Tushar, Sri, Ankush, Thilak, Ajoy sir, Venki, Anoop, Rafiq and myself. Sorry if I have missed any names here.

We met twice just few days before the big ride, and the meeting time was the best, we had a wonderful, joyous time each of us trying to give some ideas as to how our group should be, where should we meet, who would lead, who the sweep and marshal for each team be. Lots of things. It was a nice gesture from 6kiom to provide us space and coffee as bonus whenever we met there. Truly a bikers? lounge it is.

There was one silly question as to how should be identify our team members in such a large crowd, also as we had decided to split our group as 2 or 3 teams to avoide all bikes running as one team. Ajoy sir had a quick answer to that when he said he can get 3 different coloured tapes from market which can be tied as wrist bands for each team, differentiated by the colours. That was a small yet brilliant idea, which gave refreshing look to each one of us.

Not to forget our drone man, Rohith, who graciously agreed to get his drone to the WMD event which in itself was a big thing for us, taking drone shots in front of the entire crowd.

Come the ride day, as planned I went to the Kanteerava stadium which was the starting point for WMD ride at around 4 AM to hold a good parking space for DOCB and all others met at a pre-decided meeting point where the Tee was distributed, coloured hand band was tied, teams were made and briefing was done as to the rules of the ride.

We all gathered at the starting point at round 5.30 to 6, parked our bikes and were eagerly waiting for the ride to 'kick' start. It was a one off sight to see 1000s of bikes parked in one campus, divided by brands and united in the name brotherhood.

The ride was started at around 7.30ish with all the bikers wringing their throttles putting everyone in the verge of their orgasm. The ride itself was so smooth without any hindrance or untoward incidents, thanks to the organisers.

Once at the destination, volunteers helped us park our bikes in designated place and it was time for us to take as many pics we wanted and everyone put their shooting skills to test and Rohith with his drone flying over the heads, made all the heads turn in amusement.

Further up, the breakfast was yummy and the sight of the big bikes, BMW and Tiger majestically parked, cannot be explained in words.

Post the breakfast, all of us had a blast the time together, and it was a nice one hour spent before we called it a day and decided to disperse pulling curtain to the WMD 2017.

Let DOCB shine in WMD 2018.

Don't forget to gear up, mantra is ATGATT (All The Gears, All The Time).

Cheers,
KK

PS: Sorry for the boring long post without any pics. Fact is I have not clicked even a single pic in the event, anyways will request others post the event pics link in the next post.

Offline Sangeeth G

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Walking down the DOCB memory lane... Run up to the WMD 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:11:41 PM »
This post really made me more exited in thinking about the 2018 WMD -  the rally of huge number of bikers as this is gonna be my first WMD.   ::)

Online KK

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
Find all WMD 2017 pics here

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline DC

• +1/-0
  • One Life Live It
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 09:23:00 PM »
Lovely images and yes a walkthrough down the memory lane. WMD brings out the bikers to meet and greet awesome DOCB